Tampa African Violet Society
Copyright 2014. [tampaafricanviolets.com ]. All Rights Reserved. Website designed and maintained by Gladys Cook Schneider.
Tampa African Violet Society sponsors the following projects as part of our mission to educate members and to “violet-ize” our neighbors near and far:
• Maintains a library for members’ use
• Orders growing supplies for members’ benefit
• Sponsors a group project that may be the cultivation of a plant or leaf cuttings
• Raffles one or more African violet plants at each meeting
• Sponsors an AVSA-judged annual show
• Provides awards for AVSA, DAVS and AVCF annual shows
• Provides an annual subscription to The African Violet Magazine to the Hillsborough County Public Library, Downtown Tampa branch
• Sponsors periodic judging schools
• Sponsors an African violet display at the Florida State Fair
• Participates in the USF Botanical Gardens Spring and Fall Plant Festivals
• Provides speakers for programs, including display of African violets, for local clubs, civic organizations, retirement homes and television programs
• Is an affiliate of the African Violet Society of America, Inc. (AVSA), Dixie African Violet Society (DAVS), and the African Violet Council of Florida (AVCF)
Everyone is invited to attend our meetings. We hold two meetings per month each with different programs. We have a business meeting, informative presentation, tips, raffle and refreshments. for more information about our meetings, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you there!
The Tampa African Violet Society is an Affiliate of the African Violet Society of America, Inc., Dixie African Violet Society, African Violet Council of Florida and The Gesneriad Society.